Saturday, June 20, 2015

My Great Grandfather, Samuel Zarotsky, Sept 1919-June 7, 2015

At my aunts wedding
On June 7th , one of my greatest role models past away at the age of 96, my great grandfather. My great grandfather lived a long life full of happiness and tears.  He survived the holocaust and rebuilt his family here in the US.  My great grandfather and I have spent a lot of time together over the past few years and these pictures show all of the wonderful memories. I am really lucky to have met and spent time with my great grandfather as most children don't get to meet their great grandparents.  As a tribute to my great grandfather, I have written a poem for him.  

In our hearts
In tears we saw you sinking,
We watched you fade away,
Our hearts were almost broken,
Until we figured out,
That those we love don’t go away,
They travel with us every day,
Unseen, unheard, but always near
In our hearts still loved and very dear







Children of Samuel



Grandpas birthday



Family photo at home




Celebrating Ben's Birthday

My Grandpa, Great Grandpa, and I





To family and friends, please leave a comment with your favorite memory with Samuel.

2 comments:

  1. Our dear Miriam !
    How fast you grew up!
    Your poem touched us so deep.
    You are only 13 ! You was born
    with a great heart and big soul!
    We love you and proud of you!
    Grands Mila & Isay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Miriam,
    It's very touching to read your poem.
    The pictures brought memories to us. It's nice of you to express your feelings.
    Love you,
    Grandma Tanya and Grandpa Eugene

    ReplyDelete

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Please proofread your comment for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, simply choose "Anonymous".)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like.

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥